Dealing with the Jezebel spirit may be a difficult and delicate task. The Jezebel spirit, taken from the Bible, is a manipulative, dominating, and dishonest spirit that is capable of leading people astray, and the bible counsel does not support this act. A person found to have such a spirit is said to oppose God and his arrangement to draw more people to serve him. A Christian is advised to get rid of such a spirit. To learn more about getting rid of the Jezebel spirit, continue reading.
Who Is Jezebel in the Bible?
In the Bible, Jezebel was regarded as a wicked queen and was seen as the reason her husband – King Ahab, was an evil king in Israel. Jezebel is not an Israelite. She is the daughter of Ethbaal, the King of Sidon. She encourages Aʹhab and other Israelites to worship Baʹal, a false deity. Jezebel hates God and murdered many of his prophets. Others have to hide in caves to avoid being slaughtered. She was willing to go to any length to obtain her desires, even if it meant killing someone. 1 King 16.
On one occasion, King Ahab was highly depressed. Jezebel inquires, ‘Why are you upset today?’ ‘Because of what Naboth said to me,’ Ahab replied. ‘I wanted to purchase his vineyard. But he said I could not have it. ‘Don’t worry,’ Jezebel replied. I’ll get it for you – 1 king 18 and 21. Jezebel sends letters to prominent persons in the city where Naboth resides. ‘Get some good-for-nothing guys to declare that Naboth cursed God and the king,’ she instructs them. ‘Then take Naboth out of the city and stone him to death. ‘When Jezebel heard of Naboth’s death, she tells Ahab to go and claim his vineyard.
Because of this act, God sent Jehu to chastise her. When Jezebel learnt that Jehu was coming, she paints her eyes and attempts to make herself seem lovely. When Jehu saw Jezebel in the window, he ordered the men in the palace to throw her down. They threw her down, and she died. That’s why she was regarded as a wicked Queen – 2 King 9: 30-37.
What Is Jezebel’s Spirit?
Jezebel’s spirit is a manipulative, seductive, rebellious and deceptive spirit that influences a person to do wrong things. It is a demonic spirit from Satan to draw more people to his kingdom. When a person possesses such spirit, the person can tear apart friendship, marriage and even the church, which is the body of Christ.
So, if someone has ever referred to you as having a Jezebel spirit, be sure that the person is not complimenting you but that you have a manipulative lifestyle that is not worthy of emulation. When you hear of this, try to see ways you could adjust your way of life to the one that pleases God, your creator, as Romans 12:1 advised that we should present ourselves as a holy sacrifice acceptable to God.
How To Get Rid of Jezebel Spirit
If you have discovered that you possess a Jezebel spirit and what people say about you does not bring Glory to God, you should consider helpful ways to eliminate it. So that it does not spoil your friendship with God, your friends, your marriage mate, or the church. Here are some ways that could help you;
- Confess your sins: The bible book of James 5:16 encourages us to confess our sins to be healed. If you confess and acknowledge your sins, you will be forgiven and redeemed to Christ. Likewise, 1 John 1:19 – God is ever ready to cleanse our iniquity.
- Prayer and Meditation on God’s Word: When you acknowledge your sins and pray to God, you will be amazed at how God will turn your life around for his Glory. Constantly praying and meditating will help restore the power of the holy spirit again.
- Set boundaries for yourself: Your associates can affect you positively or negatively – 1 Corinthians 15:33. When you choose wise friends who obey God’s commandments, you will be wise. But when you choose friends who live a life that does not give Glory to God, you become unwise and rebellious, just as they are. To get rid of Jezebel’s spirit, be wise in choosing friends.
- Attend church regularly: Try to fellowship with other believers; this will help strengthen your bond and draw you closer to God. It will also help you to focus more on things that please God.
- Seek guidance: when you see yourself drifting away from the excellent way, seek support from your spiritual leaders. They will guide you so that the Jezebel spirit does not control you. Also, they will continue to pray with you.
Signs of Jezebel’s Spirit
Here are signs of Jezebel’s spirit
- A Jezebel spirit seduces people and arouses sexual urges, causing people to go against their will.
- Rebel against the church or friends
- Makes people not to do the will of God – disobedience
- It manipulates and controls people without fear.
- Greediness and selfishness
- Desire for power and dominance
- Envy and Jealousy
- Tearing apart relations and marriage
- Not willing to repent of their sins – Revelation 2:21
Consequences of Having the Spirit of Jezebel
The consequence of having a Jezebel spirit is the rod of God. Like Queen Jezebel in the Bible, who did not have a good end, she was thrown down. So, if you have a Jezebel spirit and refuse to repent, you might have a bad end.
- The holy spirit will depart from you.
- The presence of God will not be present in you again.
- The fruitage of the holy spirit will be absent and lost.
- You begin to live a wayward life.
- You begin to act in an arrogant way.
- When all of the above happens, the person’s life has been captured by the devil.
What the Bible Says About the Spirit of Jezebel
The Book of Revelation 20 references a lady named Jezebel appearing in a letter to the church in Thyatira. The letter advises against tolerating a lady who promotes sexual immorality and idol worship.
The spirit of Jezebel is also mentioned in the Old Testament book of 1 Kings. Jezebel, the wife of King Ahab of Israel, was noted for her idolatrous behaviors and attempts to convert the Israelites away from worshipping the true God. The spirit of Jezebel is frequently connected with manipulation, control, and lying. In Revelation 2:20, the spirit of Jezebel appears again in a message to the church in Thyatira. This verse relates to a woman who claims to be a prophetess but misleads others by inciting sexual immorality and idolatry. Overall, the Bible warns against the spirit of Jezebel because it may lead people away from God and encourage sinful behavior.
As a Christian who wants to live a life that pleases God and is worthy of emulation, you must strive to get rid of the spirit of Jezebel by confessing your sins, approaching God in earnest prayer, and taking your spiritual activities seriously. Then God will be happy with you. It could be challenging, but with conscious effort and God by your side, you can reveal your true essence that honors God.